Problem with Page Breaks

I have a document that I need to have page breaks after specific paragraphs.
In some portions of the document the automatic page break works just fine and
puts the break exactly where it needs to be. On other pages I need to insert
a manual page break.

The problem occurs on the page after the page break. A page after a manual
page break has an extra line before the text starts, as compared to an
automatic page break which does not have this extra line. When printed the
top line of each page does not start in the same place and makes it look like
they are jumping up and down.

I have run out of ideas on how to delete this extra line that occurs at tops
of pages after manual page breaks.

Beth Melton

There isn't a "Page break after" format but there is one for "Page
break before" which can be found under Format/Paragraph/Line and Page
Breaks.

As you found, a manual page break is similar to a paragraph mark and
it holds formatting. Certain formatting, such as shading and borders,
will bleed over to the top of the next page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"i_heard_word_stinks" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Does the paragraph at the top of the page have Space Before? After a soft
page break, Word suppresses this space. In recent versions of Word, you can
choose to do so after hard page breaks as well (Tools | Options |
Compatibility).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)