Problem with Outline/Print view

Hello,
Whenever I work in Outline view, the correct indentations are there,i.e.
1.
A.
1)
however when I switch to normal or print view the format changes to
1.
A.
1)
I am using Office 2003. Help?
Bob

Pat Garard

G'Day Bob,

Actually nothing is wrong!

In Outline View, the Indents are there to allow you to
CLEARLY see the 'Level' of each Heading (illustrated
as an Indent).

This also allows you to 'Drag' Headings Left/Right (or
use TAB and SHIFT+TAB) to Promote/Demote them
to a different level.

This has no direct influence on the Styles: Heading 1,
Heading 2, ......etc IN THE DOCUMENT.

You may change these yourself, if you want them to
REALLY be indented - just think it through.
Pat Garard
Australia

______________________________________

Frustrated with Outlines

What is frustrating, is that on the tutorial, the example they give shows an
outline vs a print view and their example print view retains some (but not
all) of the indenting. This made me think mine should also retain some level
of indenting.

Here is the page with the example
http://office.microsoft.com/trainin...ID=RP062013981033&CTT=6&Origin=RP062013971033

Is the example on that page wrong? If it is...that's very frustrating and
doesn't give me much confidence in the tutorials.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

In the example, indented styles have been used. There is no substitute for
formatting your styles as required.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Frustrated with Outlines" <Frustrated with

Frustrated with Outlines

Yeah, that makes total sense...but it's still pretty confusing to the
learner. As a student of the tutorial I guess I just expect the examples they
show to look the same as what they have me create during the course of the
lesson. The lesson they took me through didn't have me change any of the
heading styles.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Fair enough. I didn't read (much less follow) the lesson--just looked at the
illustration.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)