Problem with generating file shortcut in VB

Mike

I'm trying to generate a shortcut file from VB. The code below is a cutdown
version of some code I found on the net that is supposed to do the job

The compiler complains about "WshShell" in the 5th line below. It says
"Reference to a non-shared member requires an object reference". I'm not
sure what it's trying to tell me here.

thanks for any help

I'm using Visual Studio 2003. To get the IWshRuntimeLibrary, from the menu
bar: project/add references/com/Windows Script Host Object Model

Imports IWshRuntimeLibrary

Module Module3

Sub zzz()

Dim shortCut As IWshRuntimeLibrary.IWshShortcut

shortCut = CType(WshShell.CreateShortcut("C:\AAQQ.lnk"), _

IWshRuntimeLibrary.IWshShortcut)

End Sub

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Jos=E9_Manuel_Ag=FCero?=

Hello Mike,

shortCut = CType((New IWshRuntimeLibrary.WshShell).CreateShortcut("C:\AAQQ.lnk"), IWshRuntimeLibrary.IWshShortcut)

Regards.

"Mike" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje | I'm trying to generate a shortcut file from VB. The code below is a cutdown
| version of some code I found on the net that is supposed to do the job
|
| The compiler complains about "WshShell" in the 5th line below. It says
| "Reference to a non-shared member requires an object reference". I'm not
| sure what it's trying to tell me here.
|
| thanks for any help
|
| I'm using Visual Studio 2003. To get the IWshRuntimeLibrary, from the menu
| bar: project/add references/com/Windows Script Host Object Model
|

| Imports IWshRuntimeLibrary
|
| Module Module3
|
| Sub zzz()
|
| Dim shortCut As IWshRuntimeLibrary.IWshShortcut
|
| shortCut = CType(WshShell.CreateShortcut("C:\AAQQ.lnk"), _
|
| IWshRuntimeLibrary.IWshShortcut)
|
| End Sub

Mike

Thanks Jose, that did the trick.