Problem re-installing Internet explore 6

Kavitha Ramesh

Due to some reason the internet explorer 6 that came with
my windows xp machine kept shutting down.... So I decided
to reinstall explorer 6. So I went to control panel and
removed explorer 6. Then went to microsoft site and
downloaded service pack 6 file ie6setup.exe. I ran the set
up as per the instructions on the site. But the software
does not install but gives the error message : "software
you are installing has not passed windows logo testing to
verify its compatibility with windows xp ..software will
not be installed" PLEASE HELP

Don Varnau

Hi,
Go to http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm
look for #12 How to Reinstall or Repair IE / OE in Windows

318378 - How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in
Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318378

Also see:
The Software You Are Installing Has Not Passed Windows Logo Testing
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828031
You Cannot Install Some Updates or Programs
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822798
The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to
verify it's compatibility with Windows XP
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBN/tip6500/rh6571.htm

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

XP?"Kavitha Ramesh" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

victor

I had the same problem and downloaded all the critical
updates and the problem went away.