    lets me (supposedly) open a PPT file when I click on it. But the only 2
    options I get are 1. Save or 2. Cancel, there is no Open button when I click
    on the file. Any ideas?

    Guest, Oct 18, 2007

    Echo S Guest

    I don't know, but my guess is this may be related to IE security settings.
    Are you using IE7?

    What's new in PowerPoint 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
    (New!) The PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/2qzlpl
    Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/index.html
    PPTLive! Oct 28-31, New Orleans http://www.pptlive.com

    Echo S, Oct 18, 2007

    Yes, I am using IE6. I have looked through all the settings, but can not seem
    to find anything that would effect if I tried top open a PT file.

    Guest, Oct 18, 2007

    Echo S Guest

    Okay.

    Maybe see if anything here helps:

    Control how the browser opens PowerPoint files
    http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00189.htm

    Echo S, Oct 18, 2007

    The person I was trying to help is no longer concerned with the issue, but I
    think your solution would have worked. Thank you.

    Guest, Oct 19, 2007

    Echo S Guest

    Thanks for getting back with us. Hang onto that link in case they become
    concerned again! :)

    Echo S, Oct 19, 2007