Problem opening Excel

AndrewCrisp

When I open Excel from it's main icon it is fine. If I click on a
excel in an attachement it starts the Excel install process, asking fo
the seriel number i.e.it seems to think Execl is not loaed. Any ideas?

Thank

Jim Rech

I don't know why this is happening but one thing I would try is
re-registering Excel's file associations.

To do that, from Start->Run enter "Excel.exe /regserver" (without quotes,
there is a space before the slash). Can't hurt and may help.

--
Jim

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36653