Problem importing telephone numbers into contact folders

P

Peter

When importing telephone numbers that do not have area codes into a contact folder from a *.csv file, Outlook puts a 6 digit area code in ( ) before each number. For whatever reason, these are the first 6 digits including area code of my own telephone number

Where is Outlook getting this information because it isn't in the CSV spread sheet and how do I tell it either just to add a correct area code or none at all?

Thank you.

Peter

P

Peter

Answering my own question. Found it in the phones & modem section of the control panel. Must have set it up wrong at some point.

p
When importing telephone numbers that do not have area codes into a contact folder from a *.csv file, Outlook puts a 6 digit area code in ( ) before each number. For whatever reason, these are the first 6 digits including area code of my own telephone number

Where is Outlook getting this information because it isn't in the CSV spread sheet and how do I tell it either just to add a correct area code or none at all?

Thank you.

Peter

Ask a Question