Problem capturing into MM from Original Canon ZR

G

Hi.. I am having trouble capturing video into MM using an original (read: old) Canon ZR (http://www.canondv.com/archive/zr/index.html). I can control the camcorder from within MM, (play, stop, FF, etc) but when I click the play button, I only get colored blocky snow!

I remember I could capture from the camera before, but I think that was back when I was using windows ME. Is it possible that this camera is no longer supported under XP?

Has anyone been able to capture video to MM using this particular DV camcorder?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

G

I've been able to capture from my ZR (what a GREAT camera... still can't believe how well and reliably it works, just wish the batteries lasted more than a couple of years). Anyway, I didn't do anything special, just plugged it in. The only issue is that the capture only works in compressed mode... when I try to capture uncompressed, the audio is HORRIBLY choppy. I've posted a note about this problem, but seeing the number of posts relating the the poor quality of spport for this "product", I don't hold out a lot of hope. I can't say I've fared much better with shareware or even some very good commercial products. Iverall, I'd say that ME and Win2000 both did a better job of video... regardless of all the self promotion of XP as "media savvy". Nuff said. Good luck.

Ask a Question