Probelms with Access

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access' started by cjay85@gmail.com, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I am fairly new to Access and am creating a database for a helpline
    for a local charity. The database has a simple form for data entry
    included fields where the user types in information and where they use
    drop down boxes.

    I now have a few problems that I have having with the database.

    1 :: I want to create a rule that means that if the user tries to skip
    a field when entering data an error message is shown. This includes
    drop down menus.

    2 :: When creating reports the user can enter what type of information
    that they want listed. For example if they want to see all the phone
    calls they have received from a docter it lists all the records that
    this is the case. Is there a way that access can automatically count
    the amount of fields that the query has produced?

    3 :: Is there a way when creating reports to have the data shown in
    percentage form. For example is there a way when seeing all the phone
    calls they have received from a docter Access can calculate what
    percentage this is compared to the whole amount of records that the
    database holds.

    Many thanks for all your help.

    Chris

    , Mar 2, 2007

  2. Guest Guest

    1. Do you want the popup to do anything like "Are you sure you want to skip
    this field?" [Yes] [No] or do just want it to pop up saying "This field needs
    to filled in!" [OK]

    2. could you give a short example of what you want it to look like?

    3. once you give the example we should be able to help you write the
    expression for percentage.

    Guest, Mar 2, 2007

    Antonio,

    1. I would like for a pop just saying that "This field needs to be
    filled in" which would give the user no option!

    2. One example of the reports I want is that the user enters in the
    type of caller, then they enter a start date and end date. I would
    then want a report that would show other fields such as the Date / The
    type of call and other fields that are contained within the database -
    I have got this working but then at the bottom of the report I would
    like a short summary such as There were (x) of calls receieved from
    docters over this period.

    3. I want the layout for the different kind of reports the same as
    above but for these other types of report I would like the summary
    shown as a percentage of all the different records in the database.

    Many Thanks

    Chris

    On Mar 2, 1:47 pm, Antonio Pruett-Saratan II
    <> wrote:
    > 1. Do you want the popup to do anything like "Are you sure you want to skip
    > this field?" [Yes] [No] or do just want it to pop up saying "This field needs
    > to filled in!" [OK]
    >
    > 2. could you give a short example of what you want it to look like?
    >
    > 3. once you give the example we should be able to help you write the
    > expression for percentage.
    > --
    >

    > "" wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I am fairly new to Access and am creating a database for a helpline
    > > for a local charity. The database has a simple form for data entry
    > > included fields where the user types in information and where they use
    > > drop down boxes.

    > > I now have a few problems that I have having with the database.

    > > 1 :: I want to create a rule that means that if the user tries to skip
    > > a field when entering data an error message is shown. This includes
    > > drop down menus.

    > > 2 :: When creating reports the user can enter what type of information
    > > that they want listed. For example if they want to see all the phone
    > > calls they have received from a docter it lists all the records that
    > > this is the case. Is there a way that access can automatically count
    > > the amount of fields that the query has produced?

    > > 3 :: Is there a way when creating reports to have the data shown in
    > > percentage form. For example is there a way when seeing all the phone
    > > calls they have received from a docter Access can calculate what
    > > percentage this is compared to the whole amount of records that the
    > > database holds.

    > > Many thanks for all your help.

    > > Chris- Hide quoted text -

    , Mar 2, 2007