Windows XP Privacy apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with privacy software? I often need to clear my pc at work to stay out of trouble. I've been trying out getsafeguard.com for the last couple weeks. it seems to do the trick. any opinions?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi

The only advice I would give is leave work on the work email system and personal stuff on home email. Don't mix the two. I don't know about where you work but where I am email is monitored and the sanctions for transgressing the work/personal boundaries can be quite stern.

Hope that this helps.

Gabs x

Reaction score
What type of data are you trying to remove? (just files? files and other possible settings?)
What version of windows is your work PC using?
Do you have local admin to your Work PC? I'm going to guess yes on that one ;)

If all you're trying to clear out the Internet Explorer cache, theres a setting for this in...

Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Under Security: Empty Temporary Internet Files when IE is closed

If you need to also remove files from other folders, you can use a batch file to do this.

- Navigate to a folder, any will do, but one in your profile would be best...
- (i.e. C:\documents and settings\<user>\Local settings)
- Click "File" > "New" > "Text Document"
- Rename this file to sd.bat (or whatever you like .bat)
- I'll give you a sample of what each line might look like

del C:\Windows\Temp\* /s /q /f
del "C:\Documents and Settings\Zoultan\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\*" /s /q /f
del "C:\Documents and Settings\Zoultan\Local Settings\Temp\*" /s /q /f

- If a folder path has spaces in it, encase just the path in double quotes as i've done above
- Make sure you want all 3 switches i've put up there. I describe them below

the /s switch , tells it to delete all files in that directory *and* ALL subdirectories below it .. be careful! ;)
the /q switch, tells it not to ask for confirmation
the /f swtich, tells it to go ahead and remove readonly files

- Save/Exit and continue.

- Now, alll we need to do is configure your shutdown script, to run this batch file.

- Start
- Run
- gpedit.msc
- Navigate to Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts > Shutdown
- Click add, find your .bat file, and you should be set.

If you need other things removed, please feel free to let us know, and it quite possibly could be added to the batch file in some way.

Not Googled by...
- Zhoul

Reaction score
bowdown.gif
Hello. I have no any idea how does this software works but I possibly have idea how works Privacy collectors. It is the same as it programmed before for a specific software producers. For example if I make a some software and I for real would like to collect and dial after I going to put everything cool, graphically perfect, fast, universal but also create in the deep of the it some smart like a bug which would collect every thing in to a log, hidden, and after securely send to programmed data base. You are even would not know about that and usually will send a very good feedback about work of that software. Excuse me, ok let started about basic cleaning of the home or other pc. One of them is to use a windows os tool by named disc cleanup, see how it looks like on the image bellow.
nero_prblm002.jpg

HTML:
<center>
<EMBED SRC="http://my-new-web-page.istemp.com/tempinmg/tmpimgs/CaptureWiz002.WMV" WIDTH="561" HEIGHT="465" AUTOSTART="FALSE">
</EMBED></center>

There also a few of basic way to clean up all that junk, internet downloaded files, .bak, .dump, .temp, and all other.
nero_prblm003.jpg

E-mail to me back if you are need some more information about how to.

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
This thread is over 2 years old my friend - you really need to start looking at some more recent ones :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question