Printing on Windows 2003 Terminal Server

G

I have 13 Windows 2003 terminal services configured to logon users in a round-robin manner. Upon logon, printers are mapped accoring to the floor they are on

When the same user logs on two clients configured to map to two separate printers, the first client seems to inheritthe print settings on the second client

How can I configure the terminal server so that a user can map to several clients and map only to those printers that those clients are designated to connect to in the logon scrips

Cheers

Aguambo

O

Olof Lagerkvist

Aguambo said:
I have 13 Windows 2003 terminal services configured to logon users in a round-robin manner. Upon logon, printers are mapped accoring to the floor they are on.

When the same user logs on two clients configured to map to two separate printers, the first client seems to inheritthe print settings on the second client.

How can I configure the terminal server so that a user can map to several clients and map only to those printers that those clients are designated to connect to in the logon scrips?

It is AFAIK not possible. Each user profile has it's own printer
settings. If the same user logs on more than once the sessions share
printer settings. (You can see this if you change to another default
printer in one session, other sessions for the same user also changes
default printers.)

Ask a Question