Printing in DOS

I am unable to print in a DOS environment
At the cmd prompt I type: DIR>LPT
and nothing prints
I am using Windows 2000
Any help please
Is there any settings I might need to change before I can print in DOS?

Yes. The printer works in the Windows environment, but it doesn't work in the DOS environment

Any solutions???

Ray at

And this printer is connected to LPT1?

net use lpt1:

What does that return?

Ray at work

David H. Lipman

Is that correct ?

Doesn't that require a redirection ?

net use lpt1: \\server\Print-share

Dave

| And this printer is connected to LPT1?
|
| net use lpt1:
|
| What does that return?
|
| Ray at work
|
| | > Yes. The printer works in the Windows environment, but it doesn't work in
| the DOS environment.
| >
| > Any solutions???

Ray at

Well, if you just do a "net use lpt1:" it'll show you if you've done a
redirection.

Local name LPT1
Remote name \\servername\printShareName
Resource type Print
Status OK
# Opens 0
# Connections 1
The command completed successfully.

Or, if there is no mapping:
System error 67 has occurred.

The network name cannot be found.

Ray at work

Jlmc

If the printer is a USB or a Network printer you will need to go into the
properties of the printer. Under ports you will need to put a check in the
enable printer pooling box then put a check in the LPT1 box. Example Printer
will have USB, LPT1, and enable printer pooling boxes checked.

I tried the suggested, but no luck. I'm not sure if I am completing the steps you all provided correctly, but I followed what was given

The printer does print through DOS on another PC so I know it's not the printer's hardware

Any other suggestions?