Printing 5-day week calendar

Paul

I'd like to print my calendar one week per page, with weekdays across
the top and hours down the left side, but only the business days
Monday to Friday. I know I can do this on the screen with "Work
Week", but printouts seem to be limited to the full 7-day week (thus
rendering 35-40% of the page unusable). Can I get the 5-day work week
on a printout in the format described above?

Brian Tillman

Paul said:
I'd like to print my calendar one week per page, with weekdays across
the top and hours down the left side, but only the business days
Monday to Friday. I know I can do this on the screen with "Work
Week", but printouts seem to be limited to the full 7-day week (thus
rendering 35-40% of the page unusable). Can I get the 5-day work week
on a printout in the format described above?

Got a version for that Outlook?

Brian Tillman

Paul said:
Oh, yes...I don't have access to that machine at the moment, but it is
for Windows 2000. Is that sufficient information?

That does not answer my question. I didn't ask for Windows' version, I
asked for Outlook's version.

Paul

That does not answer my question.  I didn't ask for Windows' version, I
asked for Outlook's version.

Understood. As I explained, I wasn't able to provide that information
at the time of my response, so I was speculatively checking if the
Windows version would suffice. Thank you for letting me know the
answer.

The Outlook version is 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.8968).

Brian Tillman

Paul said:
The Outlook version is 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.8968).

I don't have anything that old to be able to remember the details. Perhaps
someone else can answer.

Diane Poremsky {MVP}

printing options have not changed much since the very first version so if
its not possible with newer versions, its not possible with the older
versions. However, Outlook 2007 does offer the option to print "5 day week
calendar" as does Outlook 2000 - but without knowing what the actual
question was, that's the best I can do.

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

Paul

Unfortunately, I haven't found the option for 5-day week calendar when
printing in Outlook 2000. That in essence was the question.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:
(e-mail address removed)

Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
(e-mail address removed)

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

I don't have anything that old to be able to remember the details.
Perhaps someone else can answer.

Paul

We have what is native to Office 2000....

BTW - if outlook can't do it,http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asphas a list of utilities
that probably can.  The word templates are worth checking out.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
(e-mail address removed)

Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
(e-mail address removed)

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

I don't have anything that old to be able to remember the details.
Perhaps someone else can answer.

Diane Poremsky {MVP}

I know outlook offer a 5 day week in the month printout - what type of
layout were you looking for?

I don't recall what options the word templates offer, but they are well work
checking out - and they will work quite nicely with your version of outlook.
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)

Paul said:
[...]

Thanks, Diane. They look interesting to explore, but I'm limited to
what's native to Office 2000 for the most part.

checking out - and they will work quite nicely with your version of outlook.http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp

--
[...]

By the way, I didn't answer the question of the 5-day week for monthly
view printout. I'm actually looking for a weekly view (week per page)
but excluding weekends.
[...]

That view is in later versions but I don't think its in Outlook 2000.

Does a word template qualify as native to office 2000? There are two
templates that were designed for earlier versions of Word, but I'm not sure
if they offer a work week view.

--

Paul said:
[...]

On Jul 7, 10:22 am, "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <[email protected]>
wrote:
[...]

If it doesn't require installation of anything, then I'd have to see
what barriers there are for buying. Also, I'm not sure what the
connection with Word is. Was there a specific solution that are good
candidates?

wrote:
[...]

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]- Hide quoted text -

Diane Poremsky {MVP}

There are three FREE Word templates listed on that page that worth checking
out (My Outlook Calendar, Outcal, and Outlook Calendar Template). They use
VBA to access the outlook object model and create a calendar in Word using
Outlook data.

I'm not sure if they do the work week view though - but they make very nice
monthly and planner calendar printouts - many people use them to create
calendars for the web (using Save as HTML). You need nothing except Word and
Outlook to use them.

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)

Access this newsgroup directly by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx

wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the tips, Diane. I'll check them out.