Printer sharing problem

John

Hi

sbs 2003 premium with ISA 2004. All clients PC win xp.

One of the client PCs has an HP LJ 2600n printer attached to it via usb. The
printer is shared and has the 'List in Directory' ticked. When I try to
share the printer on another pc via Add Printer Wizard->Find Printer, I see
the printer in the list but when I double click on it to share it I get the
below error;

"Windows can not connect to the printer. Either the printer name was typed
incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the
server."

What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Regards

Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]

What groups are given Share and Security permissions and what are those
permissions?

John

I gave 'Everyone' all rights on the printer just to be sure but still no
good.

--
Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]
------------------------------
John said:
Hi

sbs 2003 premium with ISA 2004. All clients PC win xp.

One of the client PCs has an HP LJ 2600n printer attached to it via usb.
The printer is shared and has the 'List in Directory' ticked. When I try
to share the printer on another pc via Add Printer Wizard->Find Printer,
I see the printer in the list but when I double click on it to share it I
get the below error;

"Windows can not connect to the printer. Either the printer name was
typed incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to
the server."

What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Regards

Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]

Both share and security?

--
Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]
------------------------------
John said:
I gave 'Everyone' all rights on the printer just to be sure but still no
good.

John said:
Hi

sbs 2003 premium with ISA 2004. All clients PC win xp.

One of the client PCs has an HP LJ 2600n printer attached to it via usb.
The printer is shared and has the 'List in Directory' ticked. When I try
to share the printer on another pc via Add Printer Wizard->Find Printer,
I see the printer in the list but when I double click on it to share it
I get the below error;

"Windows can not connect to the printer. Either the printer name was
typed incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to
the server."

What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Regards

John

There aren't any share permissions option.

Thanks

Regards

Cris Hanna said:
Both share and security?