Print "freeze panes" on succeeding pages?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Misc' started by Guest, Apr 7, 2007.

    How do you set computer to print "freeze panes" on succeeding pages in excell?

    Guest, Apr 7, 2007

    if you mean how to repeat rows and columns each page:
    go to page setup, sheet Tab and than you can input wich row to repeat on top
    and wich column to repeat at left
    Andrea

    Guest, Apr 7, 2007

    Thank you Andrea, what does it mean when it says I do not have a valid
    reference. I want to print row 1 and row 2 what do I enter in the box and
    how should it read?
    Thanks

    Guest, Apr 7, 2007

    RagDyeR Guest

    Enter
    1:2
    Then <OK>

    When you go back to:
    <File> <SetUp> <Sheet> tab,
    You'll see:
    $1:$2

    --

    HTH,

    RD

    RagDyeR, Apr 7, 2007

    in the box you need to enter $1:$2. The easy way to do this is to click in
    the row to repeat box and use the mouse and clicl on the rows you want to
    repeat.
    --
    John
    MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

    Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

    Guest, Apr 7, 2007

    Alain59 Guest

    Hi, how do you do that in Excel 2007. The freeze pane is always gray and
    there is no page setup menu function. I am baffled.
    Alain

    Alain59, Jun 3, 2008

    Gord Dibben Guest

    See Ron de Bruin's site for where to find the menu commands in 2007

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

    Rows to repeat at top should be under File>Page Layout

    Note: you don't use the "Freeze Panes" for printing.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Jun 3, 2008

    melon Guest

    melon, Jun 28, 2008

    OneCosmicGuy Guest

    Im looking for a way to do this when I save the excel file as a web page. In
    Office 2000, I could save it with interactivity or something and when viewed
    as a webpage, the freeze panes would work.... after upgrading to Office 2007,
    can't get that to work anymore. I would assume it's still possible?

    TIA!
    Adam

    OneCosmicGuy, Oct 10, 2008