Previously working record source now states "Record Source does Not Exist"

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to Access and I have been trying to teach myself as I go and I am encountering problem after problem after problem. Here is the basic setup:

I am creating a product library catalogue for an architecture firm. I have Product Types, Manufacturers, Representatives, Distributors, and I am also using the CSI MasterFormat Titles as an organizational system for the product types. I am currently working on a form for employees to enter new product types. There a few issues:

1. The form is based on a query that originates from multiple tables. When I put data into the form, it will only input some of the data into the tables, and not others.
  2. I arranged the Product Type field in the form to open a subform that has a series of dropdown boxes to help choose which category in the CSI MasterFormat is appropriate. This then autmoatically fills in the Product Type field when the subform is closed. I had it working in the past. It now gives me an error "The record source "xxx" specified on this form or report does not exist". I tried erasing the record source and re-inputting - didn't work. I tried renaming the subform and re-inputting the record source - didn't work.
If you could help me with either issue, I would be so grateful. I feel at a total loss and nobody else in the firm knows the software.

Thank you,
Laurel

Reaction score
I forgot to add one more problem: I am getting an 'Enter Parameter Value" message when I open the form.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks :)

Ask a Question