    If I say 'work offline' and then do saveAs the it saves properly.
    thanks
    -sn

    SN, Oct 1, 2003

  2. SN

    H Leboeuf Guest

    Are you sure the file is on the same server?

    This Web Page Could Not Be Saved
    When you attempt to save a Web page using the Web Page, complete
    (*.htm;*.html) or Web Archive, single file (*.mht) options in Internet
    Explorer, you may receive the follow error message: Error Saving Web Page.
    This Web page could not be saved.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=235589 (i. e. 5, 6. May 10, 2003)
    ----

    The probable cause is that the web page contains a link to a StyleSheet
    which resides
    on a different server than the one where the page is located. After some
    recent
    security update (MS02-023 Patch or later), Internet Explorer blocks access
    StyleSheet code if the code is on a different domain/server.
    This is why the page fails to be saved.

    For more information about MS02-023, please see:
    322928 MS02-023: Patch Available to Disable Frames in the Restricted Sites
    Zone
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=322928

    The following is an example:
    =====================
    1. Open the web site in Internet Explorer on a machine
    where MS02-023 security patch or later (such as Internet Explorer 6 SP1) is
    installed.

    2. Select Internet Explorer File menu and select Save.
    3. Leave 'Save as Type' to 'Web Page, complete (*.htm,*.html)

    Before saving of the web page is complete, and error message appears:
    "Error Saving Web Page: The Web page could not be saved to the selected
    location".
    You can click OK to close the message, but the page is not saved to disk.

    If you do the same with for example everything
    works perfectly.

    ANALYSIS
    ========
    The difference is that postimees.ee uses:
    <ink rel="stylesheet"
    href="http://194.204.30.64/postimees/styles/postimees.css">
    and aflonbadet:
    <LINK rel="stylesheet" type="TEXT/CSS"
    href="http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sidhuvud/css/files/0,3590,bas,00.css">

    194.204.30.64 is a different server than the current web page, while
    www.aftonbladet.se is in the same sever.

    To resolve the problem, you can inform the web site administrator to change
    the StyleSheet location in the website.

    Regards,
    Hover Xue
    Microsoft Partner Online Support