    option.

    thanks in advance.

    kid Kooijmans

    Guest, Dec 8, 2005

  2. The registry value that controls the default stationery for the user is in the following registry value:

    Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\MailSettings
    Value name: NewStationery
    Value type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Value: Name of the HTML file, without the .htm tag

    For example, if the name of the stationery file is “Company Letterhead.htm,†the value for NewStationery would be “Company Letterhead.â€

    Similarly, a value called NewTheme controls the default theme for messages created using WordMail.

    You can enforce a mandatory stationery file by creating a NewStationery value in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\MailSettings key.

    You would also, of course, have to block the use of the Font menu and toolbar commands and hope the user doesn't know where to look for the stationery files and doesn't try to edit it.

    Frankly, I'd put this in the category of "behavioral problems that don't have technical solutions." A user who thinks a "ridiculous" font is appropriate for company email is likely to cause more problems down the road. A talk about appropriate email usage is overdue.

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Jan 20, 2006