    involved.

    (No - I didn't write it - I just have the pleasure of
    supporting it!)

    Dan, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Just open the subform in design view and delete the Recordsource.

    You can set it later when the form is open via VBA code or via macro.

    --

    Ken Snell
    <MS ACCESS MVP>

    Ken Snell [MVP], Aug 20, 2004

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Re: prevent subforms from loading - thanks!

    Thanks - I'll give that a shot.

    Dan, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Re: prevent subforms from loading - thanks!

    Just to be sure that I made sense....after you delete the recordsource, save
    and close the subform. That way, it'll never have a recordsource when it's
    opened as part of the main form. So no data need to be loaded at that time.
    When your code sets the recordsource of the subform, the data will load
    then.

    --

    Ken Snell
    <MS ACCESS MVP>