    it has to be saved as an image and not just a link to a website.
    If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I have studied on
    ways to do this for a couple of months. thanks

    Torrance Pollard, Feb 23, 2005

  2. In article <>, Torrance Pollard wrote:
    > Objective:
    > Powerpoint slide that automatically updates its information from a website
    > each time the slide comes up in rotation.

    If you need to display a web page and update that, then see http://skp.mvps.org
    and look for Shyam's Live Web addin.

    Otherwise, please explain in more detail exactly what you need to update and in
    what form it's available on the web site.

    > After the slide is updated I need
    > it to save the file as an image.

    That part's simple enough to do manually or via VBA (the Save As dialog box
    will let you choose PNG, JPG, etc in the Save As dropdown and will then let you
    save the current slide or all slides in the presentation as images).

    The reason I need it as an image is because
    > I need it to upload to another computer which displays on the production
    > floor. The computer i'm uploading to doesn't have internet access, therefore
    > it has to be saved as an image and not just a link to a website.
    > If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I have studied on
    > ways to do this for a couple of months. thanks

    Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
    PPTools: www.pptools.com

    Steve Rindsberg, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Thanks for the response. This is more info on what I am trying to do.
    I am currently using the Live Web program on my office pc. The way our
    system is setup is that I can create powerpoint presentations on my computer
    then I can upload them to the harddrive of the computer on the production
    floor. The computer on the floor uses powerpoint to run the file I uploaded
    on a big screen t.v..

    The problem is that the computer on the floor has no access to the internet.
    So let's say powerpoint on my computer has a slide in it that is linked to
    CNN's homepage. I'm trying to figure out how to save that page as an image
    then I want to upload th image to the harddrive of the computer on the
    production floor where it can be displayed on that monitor. Hope this helps
    because I need help.

    Please tell me more about this "That part's simple enough to do manually or

    Torrance Pollard, Feb 23, 2005
  4. > Please tell me more about this

    "That part's simple enough to do manually or
    > via VBA (the Save As dialog box
    > > will let you choose PNG, JPG, etc in the Save As dropdown and will then

    > let you
    > > save the current slide or all slides in the presentation as images)."

    Try doing just what I described: File, Save As, choose eg PNG in the Save As
    Type dropdown, give the file a name and click Save. PowerPoint will ask
    whether you want to export just the current slide or the entire presentation.
    Choose whichever one suits your purposes and let it roll.

    This doesn't give you a lot of control over image resolution and may produce
    images that are lower rez than you need. If so, have a look here for several
    workarounds:

    Improve PowerPoint's GIF, BMP, PNG, JPG export resolution
    http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00052.htm

    > "Steve Rindsberg" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>, Torrance Pollard wrote:
    > > > Objective:
    > > > Powerpoint slide that automatically updates its information from a

    > website
    > > > each time the slide comes up in rotation.

    > > If you need to display a web page and update that, then see

    > http://skp.mvps.org
    > > and look for Shyam's Live Web addin.
    > >
    > > Otherwise, please explain in more detail exactly what you need to update

    > and in
    > > what form it's available on the web site.
    > >
    > > > After the slide is updated I need
    > > > it to save the file as an image.

    > > That part's simple enough to do manually or via VBA (the Save As dialog

    > box
    > > will let you choose PNG, JPG, etc in the Save As dropdown and will then

    > let you
    > > save the current slide or all slides in the presentation as images).
    > >

    > > The reason I need it as an image is because
    > > > I need it to upload to another computer which displays on the production
    > > > floor. The computer i'm uploading to doesn't have internet access,

    > therefore
    > > > it has to be saved as an image and not just a link to a website.
    > > > If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I have studied

    > on
    > > > ways to do this for a couple of months. thanks

    > > Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    > > PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
    > > PPTools: www.pptools.com

    Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP