Power Point presentation not working on sie

G

Couldn't find an appropriate category for this so...
Using PowerPoint 2000, & FrontPage 2000 I created a slide show, saved it as a webpage (.html), placed it in my website in FP. When I "preview in Browser" (I.E. 6), the link to the slide show on the index page works fine. All pages show as designed. My hosting service has FrontPage extensions installed, but when I "publish" the site to the host server, all facets of the site work as designed including my registration form, but the slide show (after the first page of Title Text), shows each pic page with only a place holder in the upper left hand corner (no picture).
What is causing this. Preview works great, site after published does not.

Puzzled

C

Crash Gordon

I've never tried using PP in FP, but I'm gonna guess here (and the gurus can step in if im wrong), you probably need to import the PP slide show into your local web first (not just move the files into FP with Explorer).

| Couldn't find an appropriate category for this so....
| Using PowerPoint 2000, & FrontPage 2000 I created a slide show, saved it as a webpage (.html), placed it in my website in FP. When I "preview in Browser" (I.E. 6), the link to the slide show on the index page works fine. All pages show as designed. My hosting service has FrontPage extensions installed, but when I "publish" the site to the host server, all facets of the site work as designed including my registration form, but the slide show (after the first page of Title Text), shows each pic page with only a place holder in the upper left hand corner (no picture).
| What is causing this. Preview works great, site after published does not.
|
| Puzzled

G

----- Crash Gordon wrote: ----

I've never tried using PP in FP, but I'm gonna guess here (and the gurus can step in if im wrong), you probably need to import the PP slide show into your local web first (not just move the files into FP with Explorer)

| Couldn't find an appropriate category for this so...
| Using PowerPoint 2000, & FrontPage 2000 I created a slide show, saved it as a webpage (.html), placed it in my website in FP. When I "preview in Browser" (I.E. 6), the link to the slide show on the index page works fine. All pages show as designed. My hosting service has FrontPage extensions installed, but when I "publish" the site to the host server, all facets of the site work as designed including my registration form, but the slide show (after the first page of Title Text), shows each pic page with only a place holder in the upper left hand corner (no picture).
|
| Puzzle
Thanks, I'll look into that option. P

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Check to be sure the CaSe of the image filename matches the actual link in the pages.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Puzzled said:
Couldn't find an appropriate category for this so....
Using PowerPoint 2000, & FrontPage 2000 I created a slide show, saved it as a webpage (.html),
placed it in my website in FP. When I "preview in Browser" (I.E. 6), the link to the slide show on
the index page works fine. All pages show as designed. My hosting service has FrontPage extensions
installed, but when I "publish" the site to the host server, all facets of the site work as designed
including my registration form, but the slide show (after the first page of Title Text), shows each
pic page with only a place holder in the upper left hand corner (no picture).

G

----- Crash Gordon wrote: ----

I've never tried using PP in FP, but I'm gonna guess here (and the gurus can step in if im wrong), you probably need to import the PP slide show into your local web first (not just move the files into FP with Explorer)

| Couldn't find an appropriate category for this so...
|
| Puzzle
LOL, FP 2000 has no import comand feature. Help says to copy and paste using Windows Explorer. Think I'll try the publish feature in PP, to publish to my local web.

G

----- Thomas A. Rowe wrote: -----

Check to be sure the CaSe of the image filename matches the actual link in the pages.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Puzzled said:
Couldn't find an appropriate category for this so....
Using PowerPoint 2000, & FrontPage 2000 I created a slide show, saved it as a webpage (.html),
placed it in my website in FP. When I "preview in Browser" (I.E. 6), the link to the slide show on
the index page works fine. All pages show as designed. My hosting service has FrontPage extensions
installed, but when I "publish" the site to the host server, all facets of the site work as designed
including my registration form, but the slide show (after the first page of Title Text), shows each
pic page with only a place holder in the upper left hand corner (no picture).
What is causing this. Preview works great, site after published does not.

Great thought, I double checked CaSe SensiTivitY, all are compatible though. Thanks anyway
P

C

Crash Gordon

There's no File/Import in FP2000? Sorry,,, its been a loong time since I've used FP2000.

|
|
| ----- Crash Gordon wrote: -----
|
| I've never tried using PP in FP, but I'm gonna guess here (and the gurus can step in if im wrong), you probably need to import the PP slide show into your local web first (not just move the files into FP with Explorer).
|
|
| | Couldn't find an appropriate category for this so....
| | Using PowerPoint 2000, & FrontPage 2000 I created a slide show, saved it as a webpage (.html), placed it in my website in FP. When I "preview in Browser" (I.E. 6), the link to the slide show on the index page works fine. All pages show as designed. My hosting service has FrontPage extensions installed, but when I "publish" the site to the host server, all facets of the site work as designed including my registration form, but the slide show (after the first page of Title Text), shows each pic page with only a place holder in the upper left hand corner (no picture).
| | What is causing this. Preview works great, site after published does not.
| |
| | Puzzled
| LOL, FP 2000 has no import comand feature. Help says to copy and paste using Windows Explorer. Think I'll try the publish feature in PP, to publish to my local web.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

FP2000 does have a File Menu | Import command.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

There's no File/Import in FP2000? Sorry,,, its been a loong time since I've used FP2000.

|
|
| ----- Crash Gordon wrote: -----
|
| I've never tried using PP in FP, but I'm gonna guess here (and the gurus can step in if im
wrong), you probably need to import the PP slide show into your local web first (not just move the
files into FP with Explorer).
|
|
| | Couldn't find an appropriate category for this so....
| | Using PowerPoint 2000, & FrontPage 2000 I created a slide show, saved it as a webpage
(.html), placed it in my website in FP. When I "preview in Browser" (I.E. 6), the link to the slide
show on the index page works fine. All pages show as designed. My hosting service has FrontPage
extensions installed, but when I "publish" the site to the host server, all facets of the site work
as designed including my registration form, but the slide show (after the first page of Title Text),
shows each pic page with only a place holder in the upper left hand corner (no picture).
| | What is causing this. Preview works great, site after published does not.
| |
| | Puzzled
| LOL, FP 2000 has no import comand feature. Help says to copy and paste using Windows
Explorer. Think I'll try the publish feature in PP, to publish to my local web.

C

Crash Gordon

So I'm not losing my mind?....dang.

| FP2000 does have a File Menu | Import command.
|
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| ==============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
| | There's no File/Import in FP2000? Sorry,,, its been a loong time since I've used FP2000.
|
|
| | |
| |
| | ----- Crash Gordon wrote: -----
| |
| | I've never tried using PP in FP, but I'm gonna guess here (and the gurus can step in if im
| wrong), you probably need to import the PP slide show into your local web first (not just move the
| files into FP with Explorer).
| |
| |
| | | | Couldn't find an appropriate category for this so....
| | | Using PowerPoint 2000, & FrontPage 2000 I created a slide show, saved it as a webpage
| (.html), placed it in my website in FP. When I "preview in Browser" (I.E. 6), the link to the slide
| show on the index page works fine. All pages show as designed. My hosting service has FrontPage
| extensions installed, but when I "publish" the site to the host server, all facets of the site work
| as designed including my registration form, but the slide show (after the first page of Title Text),
| shows each pic page with only a place holder in the upper left hand corner (no picture).
| | | What is causing this. Preview works great, site after published does not.
| | |
| | | Puzzled
| | LOL, FP 2000 has no import comand feature. Help says to copy and paste using Windows
| Explorer. Think I'll try the publish feature in PP, to publish to my local web.
|
|

Ask a Question