Power plan wont shut off fans after sleep settings

Reaction score
I cant have the fans and hardware disk drives shut down no matter what power plan I choose to even going into command prompt .it used to turn off hard drives and fans then when I tapped a key on my key board it would open without a restart? This function worked 2 months ago . no more what happened?

Reaction score
I hate sleep! Sleep is a waste of time. Save your work and turn PC off
Cause more problems than it's worth like hibernate

Save the planet ;)

Reaction score
Probably a Windows update?

In my book, I don't want any Fans nor especially any HDs going to sleep.
Thank you right now the fans stay on however very slow speed so Ill have to live with it everything is up to date

Reaction score

Save the planet ;)
tried the shut off way and it always needs a restart that way ,the other way it pops up instantly thank you anyway

Reaction score

Save the planet ;)
i KNOW ITS KINDA WAY BACK IN Dec HOWEVER HOW DO YOU SAVE YOUR WORK TO SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER A DESK TOP pc

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
With today's SSD's the boot times have reduced drastically. I shut down the PC at night and give it a rest. No point in wasting electricity.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I leave mine running. Electric cost around 0.85p ($1.18) a day for me in the UK.

Texas compared to the UK is a lot hotter and Desktops generate a lot of heat, one cannot use a desktop without providing it cooling so it is not the same. ;)

Ask a Question