Posting from an iPhone

Reaction score
Hello everyone,this is Ian and Bex posting from an iPhone from a test phone in the shops. Its amazing!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hiya Ian and Bex :wave:- receiving you loud and clear :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Look beyond the initial 'wow' factor and you start to wonder whether it's worth £269.00.

Locked to 02, even after contract ends
18 month minimum contract
2G max speed
2mp camera with no flash and no autofocus
Short battery life
8Gb max memory (bear in mind it can play both music and videos)
No support for stereo bluetooth headsets
No MMS
Can't assign mp3's/m4a's to ringtones unless it was downloaded from i-Tunes

A lot of money for not so much smart phone, imo

But it does look and feel gorgeous.

But for £269.00, you can keep it.

This phone was designed for the American market where they don't have 3G yet.

If you sign a twelve month contract for about £30.00 a month in the UK, you can get a free Nokia N95; Samsung G600 or Sony-Ericsson K850i, just to give a few examples.

I quite like Apple, I like i-Pods, I like their Desktops and laptops, undecided about i-Tunes but this phone is over-hyped and over-priced.

In my opinion :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Have to agree with Flops on this - I would wait for it to be released shortly in France, where by law they have to offer unlocked versions ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh don't worry I'm not getting one ;) It was time for a free upgrade so I had a look round the shop - I must admit I really do like the iPhone - the net browsing is amazing for a phone. If you haven't had a go of one, do give it a go - this site looks exactly how it does in IE7 - menus and all :)

I'm torn between a few choices though, I have the k800 at the moment which I'm really pleased with - but as I get a "free" upgrade I might as well go for a new phone even if I flog it. I'm tempted by the Sony P1 as it means I can run remote desktop on it (apparently), which means I can use that to fix the servers if needed.

Reaction score
Sounds like the iPhone is a good internet browser then, but im not sure it would be a good mp3 player, phone, browser etc etc all rolled into one.

The iPod touch has wifi built in doesn't it? Im guessing it's the same as the iPhone without the phoen part!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The iPod touch is actually a little more expensive than the i-Phone, which is odd, but I really haven't looked into the i-Touch thingie.

The i-Phone is actually every bit as good as an i-Pod for audio and video, apparently, but you are limited to nano status - 8Gb.

It's the phone failings where it falls down.

I could personally live without my phone being a camera cos I got me's a coupla Nikons, gotta admit mostly it's having to pay £269.00 for an underpowered status symbol that discourages me.

I could buy lots of lovely stuff for £269.00 and get a better equipped free phone on renewing contract.

Ask a Question