Windows XP Post Screen keeps appearing at switch on.

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the above problem please?I have had a couple times at switch on the computer refusing to boot up as no boot record was found.After trying a few times the machine will boot up and load windows xp without any problem.But what happens now is that it shows what i think is called the Post Screen listing my hdd,dvd,cd etc.It also says F1 to continue or delete to enter setup.If F1 is selected the machine will boot up.If delete is selected it goes into whats called the bios.This has never happened before and i am at a loss as how to stop this screen coming up.Any ideas anyone?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
hmmm, hard drive failing? ... try a new motherboard battery first. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies but sorry to say new battery failed to solve the problem.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
There is a message above that "press F1 to continue" that indicates an issue. Without that knowledge, there is no way to assist without telling you "buy a new motherboard."

Reaction score
There is a message above F1 to continue.It reads Floppy disk(s) fail (40) .But there is no floppy disk installed.

Ask a Question