Pls Help: Automatically Remove Detected Dependencies?!??

Colby

Yes, but this is for builds that are launched automatically and build
using the VS.Net automation interface, not through the GUI. I need to
either TURN OFF the feature that detects the dependencies altogether
or automatically exclude detected dependencies through automation. I
don't think VS.Net gives you the option of turning off the detection
feature (or at least I can't find anything) so I'm stuck with figuring
out how to do this with the automation interface.

Any ideas?

Phil Wilson said:
Dooes a right-click on each dependency let you set the Exclude property?
--
Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]
----
Colby said:
Detected Dependencies in our setup projects (merge modules and setups)
are driving us nuts. A merge module built on one machine has
different detected dependencies than when the same project is built on
another machine. We really don't care about detected dependencies
anyway because we build everything from the ground up, explicitly
adding dependencies (on other merge modules) as we go. And because we
have a mixture of not-dotNet and dotNet projects.

The problem is that the same project built on two different machines
is detecting different dependencies. When one of the machines is used
for an automated build, this causes serious problems.

We would prefer to automatically exclude all detected dependencies.

Is there a way to do this in VS.Net?

Phil Wilson

This seems to be specific to VS and its automation interface, so it might
help to ask in vsnet.setup or vsnet.general.