I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Wecome to The PCReview Crew II Team

AbsoluteKevster

Pleased to have you onboard.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Reaction score
A new cruncher

Hello & Welcome AbsoluteKevster to the PCReviewII Crunching Crew:thumb: :D :wave:

Reaction score
AbsoluteKevster, forgot to ask what promted you to start Crunching for us?;)
As this may help us to recruit new crunchers in our forthcoming advertising campain.:thumb:

Reaction score
feckit said:
AbsoluteKevster, forgot to ask what promted you to start Crunching for us?;)
As this may help us to recruit new crunchers in our forthcoming advertising campain.:thumb:

To be honest, I was always curious about the WCG and looked into their website after seeing the stats appearing on here.

After your recent "Sign up now!" campaign (and being on holiday) - I thought I'd crack on and get my head around it a bit more.

I just have to get some points under my belt now before I claim to be any sort of 'cruncher'! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So what are you crunching on? Do tell. :D

Reaction score
AbsoluteKevster said:
After your recent "Sign up now!" campaign (and being on holiday) - I thought I'd crack on and get my head around it a bit more. I just have to get some points under my belt now before I claim to be any sort of 'cruncher'! :D
Yiipppeeeee my advertising works;)
Even if someone crunch's for just 1 hour a day it all helps.:D
I look at crunching a bit like going to the bank - you put in a cheque (you return a wcg unit) and you wait for the bank to clear it (waiting for the other 2 units that are being crunched to be validated) OK so it's not a good example, but i'm sure your points will roll in:thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Welcome to the Team Kev
happywave.gif
- and a great start too! :cool:

I just have to get some points under my belt now before I claim to be any sort of 'cruncher'! :D
We are all one on this team Kev regardless of points - and the moment you start your a 'cruncher' ;)

After your recent "Sign up now!" campaign (and being on holiday) - I thought I'd crack on and get my head around it a bit more.
Just shows that feckits unusual methods produce not only laughter, but results as well!!
bowdown.gif

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
AbsoluteKevster said:
I have 4 agents chomping away on FightAIDS@HOME - but one of them keeps switching to the Cancer Project too.
Are you using Boinc or the WCG Grid Agent?

For the Grid agent you can select which projects to crunch by going to your WCG Member Page then Device Manager>Device Profiles>United Devices Device Profiles>Default and select which projects you want to crunch - but remember the HPF2 project is not online at the moment.

Likewise for Boinc go to Device Profiles>BOINC Device Profiles>Default and do the same - the difference here is you can also tick " If there is no work available for my computer for the projects I have selected above, please send me work from another project (this option only applies to BOINC agents) "
This is good as it means if the work for your selected project runs out it will give you another projects work to keep crunching, also if one of your machines doesn't have the spec to run a particular project (ie Cancer needs a minimum 750MB Ram), then it will automatically give that machine an alternative.

:thumb:

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Thats cool Kev - if any of your machines can't do a particular type of work due to the spec then it will automatically get another type instead :thumb:

What I would say is, get used to the crunching for a few weeks, then once your settled I would consider going over to the Boinc client as it is a little more flexible and has a few useful additional functions - it also has the capability to produce more points.

If you ever have any problems or questions, then don't hesitate to PM me, V_R or Mucks at any time and we will be more than happy to help out
nod.gif

Ady :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That reminds me... Will do a banners for you soon. :thumb:

Ask a Question