Please Help Me! (IRQL Not Less or Equal)

J

Jim Waters

I am having serios troubles with system crashes on my PC.
It consists of an Intel Pentium 4 2.66 gig processor, 2
512 sticks of RAM (One which I took out after running Mem
test) a Western Digital 200 gig hard drive, a Seagate 120
gig hard drive a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, another Nvidia
GeForce4 MX 440, both of which are 128 mb. A SoundBlaster
Audigy 2 a Sony DVD + or - burner, and an HP DVD +
burner. The Blue Screen of Death has said many things,
such as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and BAD_POOL_ something or
other. Please help! My E-mail is (e-mail address removed),
any help will be greatly appreciated.

JW

Reaction score
I am presently having the same issue with my home pc, regardless of what you may read in many other forum articlus the problem IS DEFIATILY MEMORY RELATED!!! I know this because the issue has only happend to me after i tried upgrading my memory form 1.5 Ghz to 3 Ghz. The solution will vary depending on your pc but the best way to solve the probem is to read your motherboard manual and follow the directions to pin precision. in my perticular case it was something as small as setting my memory FROM auto to SPD in the BIOS memory frequency section. also maybe try setting your cpu external frequency a little slower, (i set mine to 166 from 200). This is not a definate answer as i am still in the testing stages but its a better idea than unplugging your joystick to solve the issue as suggested in another forum...You can also try flashing the BIOS, which is a grueling process if you have not made a backup disk but its definatly an option. One more thing, a blue screen code may present itself when you disable the auto restart function, try jotting the code down and googleing or looking on the microsoft page for a posible solution.

Edit: upon further tooling around, I discovered that my motherboard has a blue blue and a black slot, the 2 blue slots can take 400 bus speed and the black slot can ONLY take 333, Dont ask me why this works but i have the suspicion that my max bus speed is 333. This is a bit of a dated problem and from my research only happens with older motherboards (approximatly 2002). Hope this helps!! happy gaming!!

Last edited:

Ask a Question