    quick flash of "couldn't open the boot partition to check
    for a signature", but it doesn't give any options and
    returns to the same thing it just did!!!

    Kathy, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Kathy

    Check BIOS settings for any "boot sector protection" or similar. If this
    kind of protection is enabled, Setup will not be able to write needed
    startup files to the disk.

    Best regards

    Bjorn
    --
    Bjorn Landemoo - - http://landemoo.com/
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

    Bjorn Landemoo, Jun 22, 2004

  3. Kathy

    Guest Guest

    Thank you, Bjorn.