    issues with codex files. What can I do to save my videos so they will play
    with the Windows media player? I am making Power Points.
    Dave

    Dave, Dec 31, 2009

  2. Dave

    John Inzer Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > I have a new Sony DSC-H20 camera and I made a short video and when I
    > put it into a folder on my computer and tried to play it, the file
    > read Mpeg4 but in Quick Time not Windows Media. I went to the Sony
    > site and it mentioned some issues with codex files. What can I do to
    > save my videos so they will play with the Windows media player? I am
    > making Power Points.
    > Dave

    Maybe it would be worth a try to download and install
    a codec pack:

    FWIW...it's always best if you create a System Restore
    point before installing any software or updates.

    *Proceed At Your Own Risk*

    1) Info about CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack)
    http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

    2) K-Lite Codec Pack (Full)
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/

    Good luck...