Plasma Flat Screen Installation

SxD

Reaction score
After an almost certain mid-life crisis, I've just bought a huge 42" plasma flat screen TV and now haven't got a clue where to start with installing it.

I found these guys www.thetechguys.com and was wondering if they were worth it? has anybody else used them? the website looks good and i guess they'll know what they're doing.

thanks

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I am asuming you want to mount it on the wall? AFAIK all you have to do is mount the wall bracket and hang the plasma on it.

If Flops is around, i think he does this kind of thing for a living or similier Maybe he will be able to help you more. :)

With regards to the connections, it depends on what you want to connect to it. But thats easy enough.

Last edited:

SxD

Reaction score
I bought the TV from a company online which won't install it for me - its just the machine. Feckit - do you consider this a good thing that The Tech Guys are part of DSG? Does that make them more reliable? Ummmm I wonder...... I've never dealt with PC World or anything like that before.

I mean basically I don't want the thing to fall off the wall.

Reaction score
Make sure you are putting it on a solid wall not a partition one.

You will need a decent spirit level too.

I would recommend using no less than 2.5inch 10's posidrive screws
Try not to go into the morter stay in the brick if possible, and make sure the screws are good quality to prevent shearing.

So

Pencil
Spiritlevel
2.5inch size 10 posidrive screws with size 8-10 plugs. Usually Brown colour
A decent drill and 8mm bit.

Any other thoughts guys and gals?

Reaction score
What I did> Chase a 5" wide 4ft long section of the wall, place a length of square drain pipe in the recess so as to accommodate the cables:thumb: do as TD has said the finished job>>> Not just a pretty face am I :D

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 506
  • concert 017.jpg
    concert 017.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looks good Itsme, but you dont strike me as the sort of person that owns an Xbox 360!

Reaction score
V_R said:
Looks good Itsme, but you dont strike me as the sort of person that owns an Xbox 360!
Grand children, my young man, Grand children;)
Its a good job though aint it [Walking away blowing my own trumpet]:D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That's what i thought you'd say. Bet that keeps 'em quiet for a few hours!!
laughingsmiley.gif

SxD

Reaction score
Hi there thanks for all the tips - seems like some of you have done this before. :thumb: I'm not sure I'll be able to do the DIY job but I'll certainly let you know how it all goes if I do attempt it. Still wouldn't mind a comment or two on the tech guys if anyone has any experience with that.

Many thanks guys

Reaction score
What you need to know mate?

In case you decide to start fittign cables in the wall and stuff. Heres a link for you to browse at.

They will make you any cable or wall outlet you want to your spec

http://www.euronetwork.co.uk/

Last edited:

SxD

Reaction score
Right - I've had a think about this and decided its probably best not start messing around it with it myself. Plus I'm ultra busy at the moment with work and not putting up my TV. I was quoted £139 by The Tech Guys for a full installation. Does this sound reasonable to you?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Personally i wouldn't pay them to do it, i'd rather do it myself. but if yur that busy or not confident enough then go for it.

Have you a mate that is DIY savvy? ;)

Reaction score
Recess

Hi folks,
I am currently renovating an old cottage and basically starting from scratch inside. Lisa and I are going to put a flat screen TV in the living room and I would like to recess it into the wall to create a smooth seemless finish. I was wondering if you would be able to answer a couple of questions for me?
1) Will the TV be OK recessed? or will it overheat?
2) Will the sound be affected then?
3) If so, can I remedy it by adding a cinema surround sound system and recess those speakers too?
Thanks
Cameron

Reaction score
You HAVE to have air circulation or it will overheat BANG. Air in at the bottom out at the top.:nod:

Reaction score
cameronpack said:
Thanks for the info Itsme. I was worried that would be the case.

Thanks again
Cam

You could do as I did put it in a recess but leave a gap of two/three inches all around the screen that way the air will circulate:wave:

Ask a Question