    blank. If so, it doesn't happen for me.
    Can someone assist me with this please.
    Rob

    rob nobel, Dec 3, 2003

  2. rob nobel

    BrianB Guest

    What you have done stops empty fields appearing. Check the box if yo
    *do* want them to show

    BrianB, Dec 3, 2003

  3. rob nobel

    rob nobel Guest

    Hi Brian, I think I may have been unclear. I do NOT want to show empty
    fields!
    The fields are obtained from a sheet that has debits and credits in 2
    separate columns. So..... in the pivot table, if I'm only showing the Debits
    in the data area, but the data for the table also includes the credit column
    reference (even though the credit field has not been dragged accross to the
    data field on the pivot), will the Row field that the credit refers to still
    be shown. I can't figure this out as even though only the debit field is in
    the pivot table data area, the credit field still shows in the Row field as
    the data for that field may not be blank even though the actual credit field
    has not been dragged across to the pivot.
    I'm finding this very difficult to explain. I hope you can make sense of
    it.

    Rob

    "BrianB" <> wrote in message

    > What you have done stops empty fields appearing. Check the box if you
    > *do* want them to show.

    > ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to

    creating financial statements

    rob nobel, Dec 3, 2003