Piece per hour

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Worksheet Functions' started by Debbie Dies, Apr 3, 2004.

  1. Debbie Dies

    Debbie Dies Guest

    I want to find out hour many birds I processed in an hour.

    I want to enter a start time in cell a1 and a stop time in cell b1.
    want cell c1 to automatically calculate how many hours I worked. I
    cell d1 I want to enter the number of pieces I produced and then I wan
    cell e1 to calculate how many birds I processed per hour.

    Example: I start at 8:00 am stop at 4:00 pm. That equals 8 hours.
    produced 400 birds in those 8 hours. I can get cell c1 to tell me ho
    many hours I worked but I can't seem to get cell e1 to give me how man
    birds I produced per hour.

    cell a1 = 8:00 am
    cell b1 = 4:00 pm
    cell c1 = b1-a1
    cell d1 = 400
    cell e1 = ?????

    Can you help

    Debbie Dies, Apr 3, 2004

  2. Debbie Dies

    JE McGimpsey Guest

    XL stores times as fractional days, so to convert a time into hours,
    multiply by 24:

    E1: =D1/(C1*24)

    JE McGimpsey, Apr 3, 2004

  3. Debbie Dies

    Debbie Dies Guest

    Thank You JE. It worked! I really appreciate your quick response.

    Debbie Dies, Apr 3, 2004
  4. Debbie Dies

    Guest Guest

    We should use time as 24 hours insted of AM/ PM. In your case you shuld use 8.00 (in place of 8 AM) and 16.00 (in place of 4.00 PM. I think problem will solve

    ----- Debbie Dies > wrote: ----

    I want to find out hour many birds I processed in an hour

    I want to enter a start time in cell a1 and a stop time in cell b1.
    want cell c1 to automatically calculate how many hours I worked. I
    cell d1 I want to enter the number of pieces I produced and then I wan
    cell e1 to calculate how many birds I processed per hour.

    Example: I start at 8:00 am stop at 4:00 pm. That equals 8 hours.
    produced 400 birds in those 8 hours. I can get cell c1 to tell me ho
    many hours I worked but I can't seem to get cell e1 to give me how man
    birds I produced per hour

    cell a1 = 8:00 a
    cell b1 = 4:00 p
    cell c1 = b1-a