Picturemate BT very slow

Mogan

Hello, I'm trying to print a photo using the Epson Picturemate printer via
the bluetooth adapter.
It took quite an hour to print a 1,1 Mb photo.
I'm using Winxp Pro and a "Belkin F8t001 ver. 2 usb" bluetooth adapter.
I also tryed to print using my Ipaq rx3715 but failed, the ipaq succesfully
recognized the printer but was unable to use it.
Someone knows how to speed up the BT printing capabilities?
Thanks
Marco

Peter Stockdale

Mogan said:
Hello, I'm trying to print a photo using the Epson Picturemate printer via
the bluetooth adapter.
It took quite an hour to print a 1,1 Mb photo.
I'm using Winxp Pro and a "Belkin F8t001 ver. 2 usb" bluetooth adapter.
I also tryed to print using my Ipaq rx3715 but failed, the ipaq
succesfully
recognized the printer but was unable to use it.
Someone knows how to speed up the BT printing capabilities?
Thanks
Marco

Hullo there
I too have a PictureMate which I have found O.K - each piccy of similar size
to yours taking about a minute to print from my pictures file. I have not
yet tried it direct with a camera card.
I use the USB lead - wondering why you use bluetooth ?
Sorry I can't answer your speed up bluetooth query though.
Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Mogan

Il Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:13:12 +0000 (UTC), Peter Stockdale ha scritto:
Hullo there
I too have a PictureMate which I have found O.K - each piccy of similar size
to yours taking about a minute to print from my pictures file. I have not
yet tried it direct with a camera card.
I use the USB lead - wondering why you use bluetooth ?
Sorry I can't answer your speed up bluetooth query though.
Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Cause I've not enough space on my desk and I'd like to print without having
a usb cable all around the room.
Btw thanks for your supply.
Mogan

Peter Stockdale

Mogan said:
Il Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:13:12 +0000 (UTC), Peter Stockdale ha scritto:

Cause I've not enough space on my desk and I'd like to print without
having
a usb cable all around the room.
Btw thanks for your supply.
Mogan

I think I would prefer to live with the speed of round the room USB, rather
than die of boredom waiting for bluetooth !

Pete

Jim Edwards

Mogan said:
Hello, I'm trying to print a photo using the Epson Picturemate printer via
the bluetooth adapter.
It took quite an hour to print a 1,1 Mb photo.
I'm using Winxp Pro and a "Belkin F8t001 ver. 2 usb" bluetooth adapter.
I also tryed to print using my Ipaq rx3715 but failed, the ipaq succesfully
recognized the printer but was unable to use it.
Someone knows how to speed up the BT printing capabilities?
Thanks
Marco

I have a similar issue with a Picturemate on a 100Mbps
ethernet print server and Windows 2000. It takes much
longer to print than via the USB or from a memory card.
I looked at the network data rate (DUMeter) and it
seemed to be running at 250kbps, far below the network's
speed capability :-(

JimE

FredBillie

<< From: "Peter Stockdale" (e-mail address removed)
Date: Tue, Jan 25, 2005 4:34 AM

Mogan said:
Il Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:13:12 +0000 (UTC), Peter Stockdale ha scritto:

Cause I've not enough space on my desk and I'd like to print without
having
a usb cable all around the room.
Btw thanks for your supply.
Mogan

I think I would prefer to live with the speed of round the room USB, rather
than die of boredom waiting for bluetooth !

PeteWhy use either when inserting the digital camera's memory card in the
PictureMate is an easy solution. In any event, I have not found the PictureMate
to be particularly fast. Abot 2 minutes and 40 seconds per 4X6 borderless print
(about one (1) MB size JPGs.

Peter Stockdale

<< From: "Peter Stockdale" (e-mail address removed)
Date: Tue, Jan 25, 2005 4:34 AM

I think I would prefer to live with the speed of round the room USB,
rather
than die of boredom waiting for bluetooth !

Pete
Why use either when inserting the digital camera's memory card in the
PictureMate is an easy solution. In any event, I have not found the
PictureMate
to be particularly fast. Abot 2 minutes and 40 seconds per 4X6 borderless
print
(about one (1) MB size JPGs.

OK -agreed it is not particularly fast but the print quality is excellent
Using a memory card is not an option when printing from a picture file on a
PC.
I find USB fine - and all my printers are connected this way without
problem.
Pete