Windows Vista Photosmart 1000 printer

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me please how I can install a HP photosmart 1000 printer onto Vista as it will not accept the disc I have. This is driving me crazy please help.

Reaction score
Kitty509 said:
Can anyone tell me please how I can install a HP photosmart 1000 printer onto Vista as it will not accept the disc I have. This is driving me crazy please help.
Is it compatable with Vista?

Reaction score
It should be, but it is quite old and I was wondering if there was a way round it other than buying a new printer

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry, Spezi is correct ... many on the HP forums are not amused either.

We are sorry to inform you that there will be no Windows Vista support available for your HP product. Therefore your product will not work with Windows Vista.

The majority of HP products not supported in Windows Vista are beyond seven years old.

If you are using the Windows Vista operating system on your computer, please consider upgrading to a newer HP product that is supported on Windows Vista.
There has, however, been some success in getting Vista to use the Deskjet 970 driver.

HP are very inconsistent with their driver support for Vista ... there is no Vista support for the Photosmart 1218 either, but, they do supply drivers for the LaserJet 2100M, which is, three years older. :rolleyes:

user.gif

Reaction score
Many thanks for your help. I did wonder if there was anyway round this problem but I guess it's just to get everyone to spend more money and get new equipment

Reaction score
Spezi said:
That printer is not supported in Vista.
Thanks for replying. I know that it is not supported in Vista and just wondered if there was a way round it. Thanks anyway

Ask a Question