Percentages using query??

Reaction score
I have a table called Hosts. The Hosts table contains the following fields:

[Hostname] [Build_Tech] [Config_Tech] [Rack_Tech] [Copper_Tech} [Fiber_Tech] [Verify_Tech][Project_Number]

Each field represents a step in the project. The tech that completes each step initials the respective columns using a combo box within a form. These initials are stored in an engineer table in which the combo box pulls data. On any particular project there may be as many as 30 - 40 hosts. I need to be able to query the Hosts table and pull tech information so that I may use this info to calculate what percentage of the project was completed by which tech. For instance...

There are 20 total hosts records in the table...
5 of the columns in the table contain Tech info...
Therefore 100 fields contain tech info...

Is there a way to query the Hosts table to see how many fields were completed by each tech? With this information I would need to formulate percentages like "Tech JSmith, Completed 75 out of 100 steps, Therefore completing 75% of the project".

I know this sounds complex but I am bashing my head against the desk trying to find a solution. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have tried numerous queries using the SELECT, SUM and Count statements but have had no luck... Please help.

Thanks,

Jerrold

Ask a Question