peper trojan

G

I,m running xp home and have had trouble getting rid of peper trojan (and some of its friends). I use CA E-trust(which didn't find it) , AdAware(which says it cleans it out) and webroot spysweeper....the last 2 keep cleaning registry changes but say IE is running (when I don't have it runnig). So I tried to go to taskmanager to see whats running and it starts but then closes quickly.So I can't use it...I've found this happens with trying to run regedit as well. so then I think to go to system restore...it does the whole thing and reboots only to tell me it is unable to go to the restore points...I tried this with several dates and none work! I'm getting pretty frustrated...I update all my stuff every day and this creepy thing is still in my machine....don't know when to go from here....HELP

G

toddler321 said:
I,m running xp home and have had trouble getting rid of peper trojan (and some of its friends). I use CA E-trust(which didn't find it) , AdAware(which says it cleans it out) and webroot spysweeper....the last 2 keep cleaning registry changes but say IE is running (when I don't have it runnig). So I tried to go to taskmanager to see whats running and it starts but then closes quickly.So I can't use it...I've found this happens with trying to run regedit as well. so then I think to go to system restore...it does the whole thing and reboots only to tell me it is unable to go to the restore points...I tried this with several dates and none work! I'm getting pretty frustrated...I update all my stuff every day and this creepy thing is still in my machine....don't know when to go from here....HELP

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/download/

G

hi thanks for your sugestion but ran this program and it doesn't find anything....
any other ideas?

J

Jym

Using the file location , boot using Safe Mode and delete the file from it's
present location. Jym

toddler321 said:
I,m running xp home and have had trouble getting rid of peper trojan (and
some of its friends). I use CA E-trust(which didn't find it) , AdAware(which
says it cleans it out) and webroot spysweeper....the last 2 keep cleaning
registry changes but say IE is running (when I don't have it runnig). So I
tried to go to taskmanager to see whats running and it starts but then
closes quickly.So I can't use it...I've found this happens with trying to
run regedit as well. so then I think to go to system restore...it does the
whole thing and reboots only to tell me it is unable to go to the restore
points...I tried this with several dates and none work! I'm getting pretty
frustrated...I update all my stuff every day and this creepy thing is still
in my machine....don't know when to go from here....HELP

G

I tried this method to get rid of the original file...I suspect there are changes to my registry key and can't get to regedit or taskmanager to see whats running(they start but blink out before you can use them)....I tried to system restore in safe mode as well but it wouldn't work....

G

toddler321 said:

http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/

G

toddler321 said:

http://virusall.com/downscan.html

G

ran windowsecurity.com and it found no infections...Starting scan at 21:57:04:93...
Scan Memory
Memory not infected
Scan folder: 'C:\', recursive
Unable to scan C:\System Volume Information - Access is denied.
Scan folder: 'D:\', recursive
Unable to scan D:\System Volume Information - Access is denied.
Scan folder: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents', recursive
Scan folder: 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mary L Subourne\My Documents', recursive
Finished scan at 22:11:31:656
Total number of files is 74221, number of infected files is 0
Average files per second is 86, average file size is 5986919

is it posible that the trojan is gone but changed something the "closes" regedit, taskmanager & system restore? Should I throw out old restore points as they may be infected?Thanks for all your sugestions by the way,

Ask a Question