????,google??,????,google????

From: google
Date: 4/15/2005
Time: 8:39:42 PM
Comments

href="http://www.wangluotuiguang.com">google??</a>??????,????google???????,<a
href="http://shengjiangtai.k8t.net">???</a> google??
http://www.wangluotuiguang.com ??? http://shengjiangtai.k8t.net led???
http://led.k8t.net
END OF MESSAGE

Stan Hilliard

Tom Pepper Willett

Stan: Sorry, nothing can be done using the FP discussion.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
| What can I do about this?
|
| Somebody(s) posts messages on my FP discussion that contain nothing
| but links. They obviously want web crawlers to find the links, thereby
| increasing the search engine status of their linked-to pages.
|
| Is there a technical way to combat this without having to just delete
| them the posts?
|
| Example
| START OF MESSAGE
| ????,google??,????,google????
|
| From: google
| Date: 4/15/2005
| Time: 8:39:42 PM
| Comments

href="http://www.wangluotuiguang.com">google??</a>??????,????google???????,<a
| href="http://shengjiangtai.k8t.net">???</a> google??
| http://www.wangluotuiguang.com ??? http://shengjiangtai.k8t.net led???
| http://led.k8t.net
| END OF MESSAGE
|
| Stan Hilliard

Jon Spivey

There is but I'm not sure you can do anything within the FP discussion.
1/ use google's redirector, http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=url this means
the link is still accessible but it won't count toward PR of the offending
site
2/ add nofollow to all links <a href="http://site.com" rel="nofollow">
Google MSN and yahoo obey nofollow so again the offending site won't get any
benifit from their link.

Ideally you'd want to use a proper forum, there's plenty of free ones out
there.

Stan Hilliard

There is but I'm not sure you can do anything within the FP discussion.
1/ use google's redirector, http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=url this means
the link is still accessible but it won't count toward PR of the offending
site

2/ add nofollow to all links <a href="http://site.com" rel="nofollow">
Google MSN and yahoo obey nofollow so again the offending site won't get any
benifit from their link.

Ideally you'd want to use a proper forum, there's plenty of free ones out
there.

I would like to switch to a phpBB forum but I don't have time right
now to do the cut/paste.

If there were a software way to convert the content I would do it
right away.

Stan Hilliard
--
Cheers,