PDF File Won't Open In IE6

Dick

I have three computers on a network. All running XP SP2. All running
Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2. All using Adobe Reader 6.0.2.5/18/2004.
Two open PDF files in IE without problem. One (my main computer) will
not open a PDF file in IE no matter what I do.

I have followed the recommendations by MVP's on this group, and
searched the Microsoft KB's. Especially KB 305153. I have
uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader. I have tried using Adobe
Acrobat 4.0 instead of the reader. Nothing has worked. Is there
anything I can do to determine the differences between the two
computers that will open a PDF file in IE, and the one computer that
won't? Note that when I am trying to open a PDF file, it is the same
file, so there is nothing wrong with the PDF file. Driving me crazy.

Dick

OK. I found the problem thanks to Ramesh and his excellent
troubleshooting guide. The pdf.ocx file was not registered. Works
fine now.

Ramesh [MVP]

You're welcome Dick. Thanks for posting.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User