    again just for a couple more years.
    Any help appreciated
    Murray

    Murray, Feb 18, 2009

  2. Murray

    Warren Block Guest

    Murray <> wrote:
    > I have dredged thru the 'net for something that allows
    > me to run my PCL based accounting programme on a
    > Canon LBP800.
    > The Canon is ancient but hardly used and in great condition.

    It's an ancient winprinter. Making it work is less practical than a $50
    office store throwaway laser or a used LaserJet that handles PCL
    natively.

    Still, if you absolutely want to try it, you can use GhostPCL to
    translate your PCL code into a bitmap, then use the appropriate driver
    for your unspecified OS to send that to the Canon.

    Warren Block, Feb 18, 2009

  3. Murray

    Bill B Guest

    "Warren Block" <> wrote in message
    > Murray <> wrote:
    >> I have dredged thru the 'net for something that allows
    >> me to run my PCL based accounting programme on a
    >> Canon LBP800.
    >> The Canon is ancient but hardly used and in great condition.

    > It's an ancient winprinter. Making it work is less practical than a $50
    > office store throwaway laser or a used LaserJet that handles PCL
    > natively.
    >
    > Still, if you absolutely want to try it, you can use GhostPCL to
    > translate your PCL code into a bitmap, then use the appropriate driver
    > for your unspecified OS to send that to the Canon.
    >
    > --
    > Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA

    We use about a dozen HP6L's and I needed one that was faster and asked this
    group for a printer that is PCL code compatible. Someone suggested a HP4050,
    which we bought on the internet and it worked great. Both the HP6L and
    HP4050 are easily available for under $100, and both should be available for
    at least a couple more years. Anything is better than trying to re-write PCL
    code! -bill

    Bill B, Feb 19, 2009
  4. Murray

    Murray Guest

    Thanks to you both for the replies.
    It's not my ideal solution either, but I just
    don't want to buy another B&W laser when I have
    onother sitting there.
    Ultimately I will shout myself a colour laser
    and they are cheap enough, but they don't
    'talk the talk'. :) By then it won't matter.
    BTW it's XP I'm using with a Lexmark E230 on this machine
    and a Canon LBP800 networked in the other room.
    Thanks again
    Murray

    Murray, Feb 22, 2009