Pc not Loading, Maybe GFX problem?

Reaction score
Right, Here Is My Problem

Yesterday I Was Happily Gaming and then suddenly my monitor just went off and black, my tower was still on. but it had like reset.
so i tried restarting it, i was on there for about 5 mins, then it would kick me off again. Done this for about 5 times, then it said i need to update my GFX Card. so i did. No help. My Dad has cleaned all inside. And Now when i turn it on, the monitor just stays off and my tower is on, there is a little light under the power button of the monitor just flashing on and off

Anyone Know Anything That Could Help me?

thanks =]

Reaction score
Sounds like a dodgy connection between monitor and the back of your computer, ie it could be that it's loose.

Or it could be that you need to update your graphics drivers.

How old is your monitor?

Reaction score
Uhm, Got It Xmas 2005 i think. Checked wire behind pc. Nothing to do with monitor as i have 2 PC's next to each other and tried my monitor with other PC worked fine

Reaction score
check the Windows power management settings (go to the Windows desktop, right-click and choose properties) and check that you're not getting the power management kicking in and switching off the monitor.

Again, Try to anchor your wires firmly.

You say you got a Graphics upgrade... Try updating the drivers, check on either the Nvidia site, or ATI site.

Maybe try re-seating your graphics card, in a different slot, if you can

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry, I really think you have a major problem with the PC & not the monitor.

You are going to have to "test" your graphics card to make sure if it OK or not, as it is what "talks" to the monitor ... but it could be almost anything in the PC.

:(

Reaction score
Okay, Try fitting a power supply from one of your other computers.

Like Mucks said, it sadly could be anything...

Last edited:

Ask a Question