Pc not booting..

Reaction score
I ve been experiencing this a few occations lately. As soon as i
switch on the switch for my extension (where all devices are
plugged) my pc does not boot. After some time the plug is
switched on, the fan starts working (still no boot from pc).
After some more time it tries to start. And keeps doing like this..
Do you think its a battery problem or some unplugged main device....

Reaction score
Make sure that everythingis reseated correctly, try booting with bear bone setup, take out any other parts you dont need test with the stick of ram see if the problems still happens.

What are your system specs??

Thanks

Reaction score
intel pentium 4
1 gig ram
6200 nvidia card
im on the laptop atm so i cannot tell you full system spec.. Its old tho

Reaction score
now i left the p.s on for about 30 mins without starting the pc. and everything booted up till the desktop part. then it restarted and kept on restarting in a cylce untill it tried to load the bios

Reaction score
Dig you get any error messages when the pc rebooted? Have you tried cleaning all the fans and heatsink? You might have a courrpt MBR. Did you get a selection to chose what option you wanted to boot into Normal Windows, or Safe Mode?

Regards

Last edited:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Might be a boot/reboot problem ion the BIOS, set it to default settings and try again.

As Wiz says try reseating parts, check the fans on graphics and CPU aren't full of dust.

Reaction score
ok im doing it at the moment... when the comp loaded there was a box system configuaration settings. tho i couldnt read what was there because the pc resarted..

thanks both of you by the way

Reaction score
tey moving the computer to different outlet in different room and exclude the extension (the one all your device is pluged on). Sometime voltage fluctuate will cause that too.

Ask a Question