    relationship domain.
    Any ideas please ?
    thanks and regards

    david carvalho, Mar 3, 2009

  2. david carvalho <> wrote:
    > Hi !
    > I have classroom with windows XP installed, connected to a windows
    > 2003 server domain. Users mostly use a local account on those
    > machines to log in. I have lots of installed software there, so the
    > path is quite large.
    > when users log in with the domain account, the PATH only shows
    > information about 2 softwares, causing some others to fail (like
    > eclipse, because java is not in path). But if they log in locally,
    > everythings works fine and PATH is complete.
    > I have no policy restrictions in that domain. It's used mainly as a
    > trust relationship domain.
    > Any ideas please ?
    > thanks and regards

    Hi - see my reply to your identical post elsewhere - please don't multipost!
    You may have trouble
    accessing these groups properly because you're using the icky web interface.
    For this and for many other reasons, I suggest you try using a news client,
    such as Forte Agent, Thunderbird, or even Outlook Express, instead. It's a
    lot easier to do nearly everything that way. You can mark messages to be
    watched, filter the views so you can see replies to your posts easily, and
    search.

    The Microsoft public news server is msnews.microsoft.com and you can
    subscribe to as many groups as you like; no authentication is required.

    The following is from a post by MVP Malke ...

    Here's information on Usenet and using a newsreader:

    http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
    explanation of newsgroups
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlo...ssnewreader.htm
    http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
    http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...wto/default.asp
    - Set Up Newsreader

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
    working properly
    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
    http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
    crossposting

    Some newsreaders for Windows
    http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php - for Forte
    http://www.mozilla.org (Thunderbird does newsgroups)
    http://gravity.tbates.org/

    -------------------------------------

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Mar 8, 2009

  3. Ok, thanks.
    Anyway I solved it. Remote "reg add
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
    Manager\Environment" and the set path.
    Why dis happened is still a mistery.
    thanks

    david carvalho, Mar 9, 2009
  4. david carvalho <> wrote:
    > Ok, thanks.
    > Anyway I solved it. Remote "reg add
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
    > Manager\Environment" and the set path.
    > Why dis happened is still a mistery.
    > thanks

    The real answer is to not use local accounts when you've got a domain :)

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Mar 9, 2009