path error to linked excel file from access db

G

I am linking an excel file into access 2000,and then creating a query from that information.I then am creating my recordset from that query and using it to show the data in an asp page.It works great on my local machine(xp),but when testing on my ISP server,I get this error msg..
-------------------------
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\marie\Copy.xls' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

/marie/index2.asp, line 10

J

John Nurick

Hi John,

This isn't an area I'm familiar with, but in general Access doesn't do
relative paths. You'll need to explicitly link to the file using the
path on the server.

One way would be create the link in VBA code, using (I think)
CurrentProject.Path to get the path.

I am linking an excel file into access 2000,and then creating a query from that information.I then am creating my recordset from that query and using it to show the data in an asp page.It works great on my local machine(xp),but when testing on my ISP server,I get this error msg..
-------------------------
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\marie\Copy.xls' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

/marie/index2.asp, line 10

Ask a Question