PASTED SCRAP??

hi again. can anyone help me on pasting??

i used to paste pictures from word to a folder so i can use it as wall
papers, slide shows etc. But now everytime i copy paste a picture, it shows a
half torn paper sort of icon and shows a title at the bottom of the icon
"Scrap" If i double click this icon it opens Microsoft Word that contains the
picture i pasted, which its not supposed t do. I investigated more and found
out that if i right click this icon and click on properties, it shows that
the picture i pasted was opened with a program called "Shell scrap object
handler" and in a Scrap.shs file format. I compared this with other pictures
I pasted before. It shows that pictures I pasted before has a "Bitmap Image"
type of file and was opened by a program called "Microsoft Office Picture
Manager". Now the problem is how do i stop pasting pictures to a folder with
a "Scrap.shs" type of file?

Please give any suggestions. I will take any possible solutions. thank you

PopS

"PLESE HELP ME X_X (e-mail address removed)"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
[...]

Are you sure you're using Word? That sounds an awful
lot like what happens with WordPAD, which is a
different program.

To save a pic from Word, select the pic, then right
click, select Save Picture As and follow the dialog
boxes.

HTH,
Pop

hi im positively sure im using microsoft word. ive been copy pasting picture
from word to a folder before and have never encountered this problem. can you
tell me how it works on WorkPad it might give me some clues to solve this.
thanks

PopS

Sorry, I didn't mean Wordpad could do that; I meant
that Wordpad will save "scrap" files.

Did you try the right-click method I mentioned? That
should work and allos you to save the pic to any folder
you wish.

Pop