Past web page content to Word

Ken_B

Sometimes I copy a paragraph or two of information from a web page and paste
into a Word document. But often I wind up with the text fragmented into
several boxes. I can't figure out how to get rid of the boxes. Can anyone
help?

TF

You need to establish if the text has been placed in Text Boxes, Single cell
Tables or into Frames. If it is the latter, you can use the Remove Frame
command. If it is a Table Cell, you can use the Convert Table to Text
option. If it is a Text box, it is a little trickier. You need to convert
the Text Box to a Frame and then use the Remove Frame command. It may help
if you go to Tools, Options, View tab and select the Text Boundaries option
(near the bottom) as this will at least display the grids/cell/borders.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Ken_B" <kb3-at-usa-dot-com> wrote in message
: Sometimes I copy a paragraph or two of information from a web page and
paste
: into a Word document. But often I wind up with the text fragmented into
: several boxes. I can't figure out how to get rid of the boxes. Can anyone
: help?
:
:

If you use Edit > Paste Special > Unformatted text then the tables don't come
in with the text