partition disapear

i was working on my laptop, then it crashed, when i boot it says that the
file system is corrupted, i tried the repair from the xp cd but it sait that
the partition is unknown, no fat no ntfs no nothing. it's a blue screen, it
just flikers right after the windows xp boots and then the laptop restart. i
can't afford to format.

Please help

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

Please see this KB article # 228888 "Troubleshooting Stop 0x24 or
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM Error Messages" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=228888

CAUSE
This issue can occur if a problem occurred within the Ntfs.sys file. The
Ntfs.sys file is the driver file that enables your computer to read and
write to NTFS partitions. Damage in the NTFS file system, damaged portions
of your hard disk, or damaged SCSI or IDE drivers can also cause this
issue.
Are you getting similar error or the same error.

Do you have blue screen that points to NTFS.sys. The tool from Winternals
could help as it has help many. They have a driver that will mount the NTFS
drive from a dos boot diskette. Using the diskette you can run checkdisk
and fix the problem.

Note: The information is given below is Non-Microsoft information, but it
may help you resolve the issue.”

Please try this tool
http://www.winternals.com/products/repairandrecovery/erdcommander2002.asp?pi
d=erd

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--From: "=?Utf-8?B?YjUyc2h1dA==?=" <[email protected]>
--Subject: partition disapear
--Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:49:03 -0700
--Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support