P5LD2-VM and GMA

Discussion in 'Asus Motherboards' started by Dorothy, Oct 1, 2005.

  1. Dorothy

    Dorothy Guest

    Hi,
    The specs on this MB (P5LD2-VM) state:
    P5LD2-VM
    AI Life Series
    - Intel 945G chipset
    - Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU
    - Dual-Core CPU Support
    - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
    - DDR2 667/533/400
    - Intel Gb LAN
    - 64-bit CPU support

    Is this correct in that the Intel 945G chipset
    has GMA 900 vs the 950 that Intel associates with this chipset?

    I posted at their online forum but got no response and Intel said see Asus
    and I have not found an email address for them.

    Thanks for any clarification.

    Dorothy

    Dorothy, Oct 1, 2005

  2. Dorothy

    Paul Guest

    In article <>, wrote:

    > Hi,
    > The specs on this MB (P5LD2-VM) state:
    > P5LD2-VM
    > AI Life Series
    > - Intel 945G chipset
    > - Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU
    > - Dual-Core CPU Support
    > - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
    > - DDR2 667/533/400
    > - Intel Gb LAN
    > - 64-bit CPU support
    >
    > Is this correct in that the Intel 945G chipset
    > has GMA 900 vs the 950 that Intel associates with this chipset?
    >
    > I posted at their online forum but got no response and Intel said see Asus
    > and I have not found an email address for them.
    >
    > Thanks for any clarification.
    >
    > Dorothy

    GMA900 is 915 chipset (of 915/925 generation):
    http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma900/index.htm

    GMA950 is 945 chipset (of 945/955 generation):
    http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/

    I would take Intel's word for it :)

    http://www.asus.com.tw/products3.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=194&slname=Intel 945G

    - Intel 945G chipset
    - Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU
    - Dual-Core CPU Support
    - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
    - DDR2 667/533/400
    - Intel Gb LAN
    - 64-bit CPU support

    Maybe it was just a typo on the page you were looking at.

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 1, 2005

  3. Dorothy

    Dorothy Guest

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 02:08:11 GMT, (Paul) wrote:

    >GMA900 is 915 chipset (of 915/925 generation):
    >http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma900/index.htm
    >
    >GMA950 is 945 chipset (of 945/955 generation):
    >http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/
    >
    >I would take Intel's word for it :)
    >
    >http://www.asus.com.tw/products3.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=194&slname=Intel 945G
    >
    >- Intel 945G chipset
    >- Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU
    >- Dual-Core CPU Support
    >- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
    >- DDR2 667/533/400
    >- Intel Gb LAN
    >- 64-bit CPU support
    >
    >Maybe it was just a typo on the page you were looking at.
    >
    > Paul

    Thanks so much for the link Paul.
    I wanted to believe Intel but was not sure if ASUS was able to do something
    weird ;-)

    I think I saw it at Mwave and perhaps there is some bad copy that is being
    used at various places. I'm glad I checked here.

    Dorothy

    Dorothy, Oct 1, 2005