    Is the P4P800-E Deluxe a good choice for this machine? I probably
    won't use the WiFi.

    Thanks very much.

    Dave Smith, Jan 3, 2006

  2. Dave Smith

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, dog-rem-
    @cox.net says...
    > I'm building a computer to be an office workstation. Not much
    > graphics work, mostly just office apps so I don't need a lot of
    > processing power. I've been out of the motherboard loop for a while,
    > but want to use an Asus board as I've always had great luck with them.
    > Is the P4P800-E Deluxe a good choice for this machine? I probably
    > won't use the WiFi.

    I'm running a P4/3.2 Hyper Threaded, AGP Video, 2x250GB drives, CD-RW
    and a DVD+/-RW drive, 1GB RAM, Windows XP SP2 Prof and no problems.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Jan 3, 2006

  3. > I'm running a P4/3.2 Hyper Threaded, AGP Video, 2x250GB drives, CD-RW
    > and a DVD+/-RW drive, 1GB RAM, Windows XP SP2 Prof and no problems.

    Ha, the same configuration here with X800XT and Tagan psu.... :blush:)
    No problems at all since April 2005, a good board,
    replaced a P4B533-E DL here, which also was a good but slower one.

    Friedrich Wuelfing, Jan 3, 2006
  4. Dave Smith

    BigJim Guest

    all you need is a cheap dell with 512 meg of ram/

    BigJim, Jan 3, 2006
  5. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:56:06 -0500, "BigJim" <>
    wrote:

    >all you need is a cheap dell with 512 meg of ram/

    Well, yes and no. First, I'd rather do it myself. Second, I don't
    want to have to deal with all of Dell's proprietary crap. I think I
    can get this one built for around $600 if I buy all new parts, cheaper
    if I dig into my spare parts drawer.

    Dave Smith, Jan 4, 2006
  6. Dave Smith

    BigJim Guest

    well if that is the case a p4p800se is the same board just a little cheaper

    BigJim, Jan 4, 2006