P4GPL-X or P4GD1? Where can I buy???

M

Memphoman

Would very much like to purchase either of the above mentioned MB's, preferrably the P4GPL-X. Any
help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks
Memphoman

J

JohnR

Memphoman said:
Would very much like to purchase either of the above mentioned MB's, preferrably the P4GPL-X. Any
help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks
Memphoman
I bought mine from insight UK and have to say i'm less than impressed with
the graphics performance

The graphics card is a X800XL (not XT as i posted previously) and I get huge
FPS issues playing WOW. At times its as bad if not worse than my agp 9600XT
was on a P4P800E dlx and i'm not exageratting. At other times it's quite
good - i think the main board and the card have some sort of incompatibility
problem but quite how I could ever detect or resolve it I know not.

M

Memphoman

I am primarily trying to get away from the ICH5 Southbridge and yet retain my S478 P4 3.2 and 2 gig
of DDR. I have not even considered a video card as of yet since I have not been able to find the
P4GPL-X or P4GD1 to purchase. I have not checked into buying it from overseas and their maybe
issues importing the MB?

M

Memphoman

I am primarily trying to get away from the ICH5 Southbridge and yet retain my S478 P4 3.2 and 2 gig
of DDR. I have not even considered a video card as of yet since I have not been able to find the
P4GPL-X or P4GD1 to purchase. I have not checked into buying it from overseas and their maybe
issues importing the MB?
I have found a P4GPL-X on German e-bay, delivered to Las Vegas for $150.00. Now I am needing info
on a good PCIExpress video card, not a hard gamer, but do image manipulations and video work too.
Any and all suggestions welcome and thanks for all the inputs and guidance.

Ask a Question