P/Invoke array para

news.microsoft.com

When i use API
int WINAPI HHGetPhrase(WORD wCode,LPWORD* pResult);

I write the following c# code :

[DllImport("HHRES.dll", EntryPoint="HHGetPhrase", SetLastError=true)]
internal static extern int HWGetPhrase( UInt16 wCode, UInt16[][]
pResult );

UInt16[][] LX=new UInt16[10][] ;
int num=InputMethod.HanWang.HWGetPhrase(tempUInt16,LX);

but it throw NotSupportException , why ?

news.microsoft.com

[DllImport("HHRES.dll", EntryPoint="HHGetPhrase", SetLastError=true)]
internal static extern int HWGetPhrase( UInt16 wCode, UInt16[]pResult );

UInt16[] LX=new UInt16[10];
int num=InputMethod.HanWang.HWGetPhrase(tempUInt16,LX);

This method can run , but the returned result is not wrong .

Alex Feinman said:
I'm not sure if pResult is supposed to be an address of a single WORD or
WORD array, but you can do the following:

[DllImport("HHRES.dll", EntryPoint="HHGetPhrase", SetLastError=true)]
internal static extern int HWGetPhrase( UInt16 wCode, UInt16[]pResult );

UInt16[] LX=new UInt16[10];
int num=InputMethod.HanWang.HWGetPhrase(tempUInt16,LX);

or if it returns just one WORD:

[DllImport("HHRES.dll", EntryPoint="HHGetPhrase", SetLastError=true)]
internal static extern int HWGetPhrase( UInt16 wCode, out UInt16
pResult );

UInt16 LX;
int num=InputMethod.HanWang.HWGetPhrase(tempUInt16,out LX);

news.microsoft.com said:
When i use API
int WINAPI HHGetPhrase(WORD wCode,LPWORD* pResult);

I write the following c# code :

[DllImport("HHRES.dll", EntryPoint="HHGetPhrase", SetLastError=true)]
internal static extern int HWGetPhrase( UInt16 wCode, UInt16[][]
pResult );

UInt16[][] LX=new UInt16[10][] ;
int num=InputMethod.HanWang.HWGetPhrase(tempUInt16,LX);

but it throw NotSupportException , why ?

news.microsoft.com

sorry , returned result is wrong .

news.microsoft.com said:
When i use API
int WINAPI HHGetPhrase(WORD wCode,LPWORD* pResult);

I write the following c# code :

[DllImport("HHRES.dll", EntryPoint="HHGetPhrase", SetLastError=true)]
internal static extern int HWGetPhrase( UInt16 wCode, UInt16[][]
pResult );

UInt16[][] LX=new UInt16[10][] ;
int num=InputMethod.HanWang.HWGetPhrase(tempUInt16,LX);

but it throw NotSupportException , why ?

Chris Tacke, eMVP

Am I correct that this API fills pResult with a multidimensional jagged
array? There's no way to marshal something that complex. You might try
passing the array as just a byte stream and then add a few params that
describe the stream. Something like this:

[DllImport("HHRES.dll", EntryPoint="HHGetPhrase", SetLastError=true)]
internal static extern int HWGetPhrase( UInt16 wCode, byte[] resultData,
uint dataLength, byte[] boundsInfo );

news.microsoft.com

So disappointed ,P/Invoke does not support multidimensional array .
This API is not writed by me . So i can not change it param structure .

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Advisory Board Member

news.microsoft.com said:
When i use API
int WINAPI HHGetPhrase(WORD wCode,LPWORD* pResult);

I write the following c# code :

[DllImport("HHRES.dll", EntryPoint="HHGetPhrase", SetLastError=true)]
internal static extern int HWGetPhrase( UInt16 wCode, UInt16[][]
pResult );

UInt16[][] LX=new UInt16[10][] ;
int num=InputMethod.HanWang.HWGetPhrase(tempUInt16,LX);

but it throw NotSupportException , why ?

Ilya Tumanov [MS]

You probably could use an array of IntPtr's:

[DllImport("HHRES.dll", EntryPoint="HHGetPhrase", SetLastError=true)]
internal static extern int HWGetPhrase( UInt16 wCode, IntPtr[] pResult );

IntPtr [] LX = new IntPtr[10];
int num=InputMethod.HanWang.HWGetPhrase(tempUInt16,LX);

At this point LX would contain pointers to native arrays of UInt16.
You could access this data directly using unsafe code or you could copy
data to managed jagged array.
You will have to know the size of these arrays somehow.

Best regards,

Ilya